WHAT IS STEER AWAY?
STEER, Prevent and counter-extremism training is designed to educate, engage, and enable staff to recognise and effectively deal with the threat of radicalisation in the UK.
This unique structured training goes beyond simply raising awareness about the problem by equipping staff with the tools required to identify individuals at risk of radicalisation within communities providing a full spectrum approach via interactive workshops and forum theatre workshop.
WHY Adam Deen?
Adam Deen is uniquely positioned to deliver this training because of its well-established footing and networking groundwork within schools and families of former extremists.
An anti-extremism organisation, Adam Deen is exceptionally well-versed in the progression and development of extremism and how to diffuse dangerous thought patterns with effective counter-narratives, neutralising the consequences of radicalisation at the grassroots level.
A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF:
- Extremism and radicalisation of Islamist and Far right extremism in the context of the UK
- The Prevent programme and its correct implementation
- The duties and responsibilities within the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015
- Approaches with which to incorporate the Prevent strategy within existing and revised policies
- Systematic developments of programme implementation methods
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify factors that make people vulnerable to radicalisation
- Recognise individuals at particular risk to radicalisation
- Assess potential indicators and dynamics and act accordingly
- Manage potentially problematic situations quickly and efficiently
- Apply knowledge in an appropriate and effective manner
Interactive Workshop (3 Hours)
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- Public Sector Workers
- Social Workers
- Civil Servants